The Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This coveted designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Real Estate BUYER'S AGENT Council ("REBAC") of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® who meet the specified educational and practical experience criteria.
There are five major requirements to attain and use the ABR® designation:
1) Complete a 2-day ABR core course through an accredited course provide.
2) Complete one elective course.
3) Pass a written examination on legal and practical aspects of agency representation.
4) Obtain practical experience acting as a buyer's representative in 5 documented and verifiable transactions.
5) Be a member in good standing with REBAC® and the National Association of REALTORS® at all times.
6 Benefits of Hiring Jim as Your ABR
A skilled professional will be covering your back.
He'll simplify many complex aspects of your transaction.
You'll be working with an up-to-date expert.
You'll know your buyer representative has proven experience.
You will improve your negotiating results.
You will get a higher level of service without paying more.